About Rosalyn Breedy
Rosalyn is a Corporate, Funds and Financial Services lawyer with over 25 years of experience working in private practice, investment banking and at a multi-family office. She has a particular interest in financial regulation and policy work and regularly writes and speaks on these matters.
Rosalyn specialises in advising an international client base of family offices, trustees, private capital investors, private wealth managers and entrepreneurs (particularly private equity, hedge fund principals, fintech businesses) and other city professionals. She provides clients with a uniquely holistic approach to financial services regulatory and commercial advice, and she has a keen interest in the development of new products and business models focused on technology. Rosalyn also establishes private funds, advises family offices and fund management businesses and acts on a range of private equity and joint venture deals.
Rosalyn is named on the Citywealth Leaders List where she is described as ‘one of a kind: thoughtful, proactive, drawing on a wealth of experience to promote and safeguard the interests of her clients.They love her with good reason.’
She has also featured in Spear's 500 as a Top Five Corporate Lawyer from inception in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. She is described as a ‘trusted adviser to budding HNW entrepreneurs and financial heavyweights’. In 2020, Rosalyn was also ranked in the 2020 Spear's 500 for the Legal Directory and Hommes D'Affaires category.
Rosalyn began her career by spending four years in the corporate department at Slaughter and May before joining Pinsent Curtis. She was hired by UBS Warburg in 1996 where she spent six years as a lawyer member of a multi-disciplinary change management team concentrating on cross border legal and regulatory issues arising from use of technology. She then served as European COO corporate finance supporting the heads of the global investment bank before being appointed as general counsel to multi-family office Sand Aire in 2002. After six years, Rosalyn made the transition back to private practice as Counsel to Withers LLP, then went on to set up her own private practice firm, Breedy Henderson LLP in 2009. She was appointed as a partner at Forsters LLP in 2013 and then joined Wedlake Bell as a partner in its corporate and financial services practice in 2015.
Publications and public speaking
In 2019, Rosalyn was asked by the US Institute for the Fiduciary Standard to contribute to a white paper on EU financial regulation focusing on investor protection, a subject close to her heart as it is an area she believes needs reform.
She has presented seminars for family office conferences, accountants, wealth managers, alternative investment fund managers and fiduciary services around the world, having spoken in London, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Montreux, Geneva, Monaco, Vancouver and Cape Town.
Rosalyn’s recent experience includes:
- acting as a non-executive director of a fintech business and advising on strategic commercial contracts;
- raising equity for privately owned companies involving drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements and advising on UK financial promotion rules for foreign companies;
- advising on matters subject to the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, including perimeter issues, collective investment schemes, alternative investment funds, authorisations, offering of non-main stream pooled investments, drafting discretionary investment management agreements, umbrella arrangements;
- acting on the acquisition of an LLP and associated real estate assets;
- acting for fiduciary and fund management groups on fund restructuring, liquidation, realisation of investments, cross border FATCA and Dodd Frank regulatory compliance;
- advising individuals, fiduciaries and family offices on buying and selling private company investments including pre- IPO companies, establishment of private funds and protection of management company interests; and
- advising property funds on AIFMD, EMIR and FSMA.
Other interests include:
- Associate Fellow of Said Business School, Oxford University Business School
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment Integrity and Ethics Committee
- Chair of the Wedlake Bell Ethnic Minorities Committee
- Member of the Black Women in Asset Management Advisory Panel
- Judge for the 2021 Wealth Briefing European Awards
- Chairman of the Milltrust International Advisory Council
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
- Patron of the Royal Academy Schools and member of the Schools Patron Group fundraising committee
- Member of the Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the International Forum.