About Rosalyn Breedy
Rosalyn is a solicitor with over 22 years of experience working in private practice, investment banking and at a multi-family office. She has a particular interest in financial regulation and policy work and regularly writes and speaks on these matters.
Rosalyn specialises in advising an international client base of family offices, trustees, private capital investors, private wealth managers and entrepreneurs and other city professionals. She provides clients with a uniquely holistic approach to financial services regulatory and commercial advice, and has a keen interest in the development of new products and business models focused on technology. Rosalyn also establishes private funds, advises fund management businesses and acts on a range of private equity and joint venture deals.
Rosalyn is named on the Citywealth Honours List where she is described as ‘one of a kind: thoughtful, proactive, drawing on a wealth of experience to promote and safeguard the interests of her clients. They love her with good reason.’ She is also featured in Spear's 500 as a top corporate lawyer where she is described as ‘trusted adviser to budding HNW entrepreneurs and financial heavyweights’.
Rosalyn began her career spending four years in the corporate department at Slaughter and May before joining Pinsent Curtis. She was hired by UBS Warburg in 1996 where she spent six years as a lawyer member of a multi-disciplinary change management team concentrating on cross border legal and regulatory issues arising from use of technology. She then served as European COO corporate finance supporting the heads of the global investment bank before being appointed as general counsel to multi-family office Sand Aire in 2002. After six years, Rosalyn made the transition back to private practice as Counsel to Withers LLP, then went on to set up her own private practice firm, Breedy Henderson LLP in 2009.
Publications and public speaking
Rosalyn has written extensively for a range of private wealth publications and is the author of the Family Office chapter of the Private Client Yearbook 2013.
She has presented seminars for family office conferences, accountants, wealth managers, alternative investment fund managers and fiduciary services around the world, having spoken in London, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Montreux, Geneva, Monaco, Vancouver and Cape Town.
Rosalyn’s recent experience includes:
- acting as a non-executive director of a fintech business and advising on strategic commercial contracts;
- raising equity for privately owned companies involving drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements and advising on UK financial promotion rules for foreign companies;
- advising on matters subject to the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, including perimeter issues, collective investment schemes, alternative investment funds, authorisations, offering of non-main stream pooled investments, drafting discretionary investment management agreements, umbrella arrangements;
- acting on the acquisition of an LLP and associated real estate assets;
- acting for fiduciary and fund management groups on fund restructuring, liquidation, realisation of investments, cross border FATCA and Dodd Frank regulatory compliance;
- advising individuals, fiduciaries and family offices on buying and selling private company investments including pre- IPO companies, establishment of private funds and protection of management company interests; and
- advising property funds on AIFMD, EMIR and FSMA.
Other interests include:
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
- Patron of the Royal Academy Schools and member of the Schools Patron Group fundraising committee
- Member of the Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the International Forum.